Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Inside the Wedding Planner's White Book

This week's featured vendor for "Inside the Wedding Planner's White Book" is photographer Jerry McGaghey with Jerry McGaghey Photography. Jerry is an amazing photographer! He is on top of his game and everywhere he needs to be at the wedding making sure he captures every moment you want! My brides love him because Jerry treats them like a RockStar and brings out their inner RockStar in front of the camera. His reputation of giving you the coolest damn wedding photos on the planet makes him one of the most in demand photographers in the country. RockStar Sexy is you...the bride and groom! Read below to learn more about Jerry McGaghey!

What do you love most about weddings?
The idea that this is the most important day in this couple's lives and they trust me to photograph it. Also, what other profession allows you to go out and party every Saturday.

How do you continue to challenge yourself in this industry?
I am a magazine addict. I buy at least two or three magazines a week (plus I have subscriptions to about five others) because I love looking at the different photographic styles and ad designs within to stay fresh and original. I like to organize get-togethers with other photographers to share knowledge and techniques. I also attend seminars of all sorts; photographic, business, artistic, you name it. I believe you must master your craft!

What do you think is the most important thing each couple that works with you needs to know?
That I am a perfectionist and I am very hard on myself to get incredible results for all of my couples. My goal is to make the couple cry when they see my work. I love when a client doesn't even need to meet me... they see the work and know that they MUST have me photograph their wedding too.

The famous Bernard Pivot questionnaire:

What is your favorite word?
Imagine
What is your least favorite word?
Immigration
What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Clients that trust me to do my thing and feel that photographs are the most important thing to them.
What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
People that think that they can do your job... it's easy. And clients that treat me like a vendor.
What sound or noise do you love?
Laughter
What sound or noise do you hate?
An animal in pain or distress.
What is your favorite curse word? Motherf**ker
What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Club DJ
What profession would you not like to do? Telemarketer
If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Damn, I laughed soooo hard had that one thing you said!!


To view more of Jerry's work visit his website at http://www.weddingstampa.com/!

No comments: