Monday, May 3, 2010

Inside the Wedding Planner's White Book


We are happy to feature the amazing husband and wife team Carrie Wildes Photography and David Wildes, Officiant for this week's "Inside the Wedding Planner's White Book". Carrie is a top notch photographer who loves to photograph couple's on one of their most precious days and David likes to be the one who makes the wedding day by officiating the ceremony. Carrie is driven to capture the spirit and emotions of the people she photographs. She is constantly challenging herself to improve her artistry and daring to be different! David's philosophy is to sit down with his couple and get to know them so he can design a ceremony based on their wishes and desires. David strives to provide a unique and custom experience to each and every wedding he has the pleasure to officiate. Enjoy learning more about this beautiful couple!

What do you love most about weddings?
Carrie ~ I love getting to know each couple and capturing all the details and people on one of the best days of their lives! The day goes by so quickly and the bride and groom are entrusting me to allow them to relive all the details, family, friends, and emotions. How great is that?
David ~ I love that I’m with people at the beginning of their journey together. In most of my weddings I say that marriage isn’t the destination, it’s the beginning. To be a part of the day that they will remember for the rest of their lives is inspiring and humbling at the same time.

How do you continue to challenge yourself in this industry?
Carrie ~ Keeping it unique and fresh is what I always strive to do. For me, it's a constant learning and growing process to become both technically and artistically better. Before each wedding I spend some time getting inspiration from several other really amazing photographers that I follow.
David ~ For me it’s making sure with each new couple that I spend the time to make their wedding ceremony unique and special. Each couple is different with varying pasts and values and I want that reflected in their ceremony.

What do you think is the most important thing each couple that works with you needs to know?
Carrie ~ That I am so blessed to be doing what I love! I treat every wedding as an honor and responsibility that the couple is entrusting me with and will do everything I can to make it the best day of their lives!
David ~ That I’m here for them. I don’t give them an A., B., and C., wedding ceremony and make them choose. I will work with them to personalize the ceremony so that it’s a reflection of their relationship and wishes.

The Famous Bernard Pivot's Questionnaire:

1. What is your favorite word?
Carrie ~ Touche, it just sounds cool:-)
David ~ Yes
2. What is your least favorite word?
Carrie ~ can't
David ~ No
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Carrie ~ When I know someone trusts and respects me
David ~ Seeing God in the everyday. Not only did He create the large and marvelous like the universe, the earth and the sun and stars, but he also gave flowers their smell, humans laughter and personality and awesome sights like a sunset. He’s constantly making Himself aware to us.
4. What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Carrie ~ negativity
David ~ Unbridled independence. We are dependent upon God and each other. That’s another reason I love weddings, it’s a person admitting they are better off in this world with someone than alone.
5. What sound or noise do you love?
Carrie ~ pouring rain at night
David ~ laughter
6. What sound or noise do you hate?
Carrie ~ screaming
David ~ A plastic spoon rubbing the inside of Styrofoam cup . . . I’m getting chills just thinking about it.
7. What is your favorite curse word?
Carrie ~ Piddlejacking - it's not really a curse word, but makes people think about if it is when they hear it:-)
David ~ My wife will tell that when I let anger get the best of me I choose from a variety of different curse words.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Carrie ~ Hosting a show on the travel channel or helping companies implement social media
David ~ I don’t know, probably something where I go scuba diving all the time and to sporting events while getting paid lots of money.
9. What profession would you not like to do?
Carrie ~ Teach elementary school
David ~ Work for the IRS or pretty much anything on “Dirty Jobs”.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Carrie ~ I believe it does and I would like to hear "well done my good and faithful servant"
David ~ Heaven does exist and I would love to hear God say, “Well done, good and faithful servant, enter into my rest.”


You can find out more about Carrie Wildes Photography at www.carriewildes.com and David Wildes at www.davidwildes.com/#

1 comment:

CarrieWildes said...

Cindy, thanks for featuring us!! You are amazing and we love working with you!!