Monday, October 5, 2009

Inside the Wedding Planner's White Book


This week for "Inside the Wedding Planner's White Book", we are excited to feature Voila Cinematic! Alex and Jocelyn are an amazing husband and wife team that help tell the story of your wedding day from the pre-wedding jitters to your last wave good-bye. Voila Cinematic specializes in luxury wedding films that perfectly capture the class and elegance of your special day. They edit your footage into a documentary style film that tells the story of your wedding day. Alex and Jocelyn work with you to create the wedding film that portrays perfectly the details of your wedding day but also captures the essence of you as a couple. At Voila Cinematic, Alex and Jocelyn believe that emotions should never stand still and nothing captures the sound of his voice as he says "I do", the way you move in your dress, or the music from your first dance like Voila Cinematic film. Find out more about this dynamic couple by reading more below!

What do you love most about weddings?
Alex: The first sight of the daughter and father. I know it should be the bride and groom but seeing the way a father looks at his daughter has changed my life. Now I have such a desire to have a daughter so that I can experience that emotion.

Jocelyn: Being able to spend the day with a group of people who are so happy and full of joy.

How do you continue to challenge yourself in this industry?
Alex: As a former student of film, I watch movies from a different perspective than most people. I study Hollywood films and try to figure out how I can achieve this look in my films. Also, I continually practice my craft by going to film seminars and reading blogs, books, and magazines. I also love to just go out and practice.

Jocelyn: I have always loved school and really valued the importance of education, so I think that I challenge myself by constantly trying to learn more about our industry and the couples that we work with each week.

What do you think is the most important thing each couple that works with you needs to know?
Alex: You will cry when you watch your film. You will feel the emotions. You will watch your film over and over again. We create stories of your day so that you will never forget.

Jocelyn: I think couples should know that I am obsessed with details. The more information I can have, the better.

The famous Bernard Pivot questionnaire:
  1. What is your favorite word?
    Alex: copious
    Jocelyn: joyful


  2. What is your least favorite word?
    Alex: moist, because my wife is not fond of it so neither am I.
    Jocelyn: Do I have to say it? Alex already said it above me. I despise that word.


  3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
    Alex: My wife and God
    Jocelyn: Watching Alex work and seeing the passion he has for his profession, my relationship with God, and great writing.


  4. What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
    Alex: The word “videographer”
    Jocelyn: People who don’t have an original thought just stunt creativity.


  5. What sound or noise do you love?
    Alex: Good music
    Jocelyn: Laughter-because it’s contagious.


  6. What sound or noise do you hate?
    Alex: the vacuum cleaner
    Jocelyn: heavy metal music


  7. What is your favorite curse word?
    Alex: I never curse. I think it shows a lack of intelligence and creativity. It’s just offensive.
    Jocelyn: To be honest, I never cuss. My mom taught me that it wasn’t lady-like, and it just stuck. I like to say “Oh nuts!”


  8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
    Alex: Baseball player or Hollywood film director
    Jocelyn: I would love to be a writer.


  9. What profession would you not like to do?
    Alex: Sewer maintenance
    Jocelyn: Phlebotomist, too much pressure!


  10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
    Alex: “Good job my faithful and loving servant. You were a great father and a great husband and you loved people around you. Welcome home my son.”
    Jocelyn: “You loved well” and “ Your grandpa’s waiting to see you over there.”

Thank you Alex and Jocelyn! For more information about Voila Cinematic, visit their website at www.voilacinematic.com! You will be glad that you did!

No comments: