Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Day in the Life of A Florist...



























March 14, 2009

This past Saturday, I had the rare opportunity to work as a florist at a wedding. Usually, I am in charge of coordinating the wedding, so this was a wonderful learning experience. I believe that anytime you can walk in the shoes of someone else, it helps you understand a little more of how their piece of the puzzle fits in. We can all agree that flowers used at a wedding usually make a statement but this wedding, the flowers created an experience. It was GORGEOUS!

Jana Stall, with Events in Bloom designed some of the most natural and artistic flowers that I have seen in a long time. She created a table scape on the bridal party table that just carried you away to the most serene and inviting place. I even helped create the centerpieces for the cocktail tables, which were a lot more difficult than you would have thought. I also added the pussy willows on some of the centerpieces that completed the finishing touch. By the time, I was done, I realized even more how much work the florist does to completing the overall look of the location. This bride had an amazing vision! Jana Stall with Events in Bloom really made it come alive!
It was a lot of fun and a beautiful wedding! Enjoy the photos!
They were taken by Limelight Photography! Kudos to Jana Stall with Events in Bloom, you are amazing!!!






















1 comment:

Unknown said...

Recently attended a friend’s wedding and loved the floral decoration done there. Truly loved it! Have to throw a birthday party to my cousin and planning to use Florist Delivery service to deliver awesome blooms for decoration.