Friday, January 23, 2009

Why Should You Hire a Wedding Planner?

The wedding industry has changed drastically over the last ten years. In the Tampa Bay area, the average cost of a wedding is $26,000 to $27,000. That is a lot of money to just leave up to chance for one day. You want to ensure that you are depending on a group of individuals who are just as vested as you in having a successful wedding. That is where a wedding planner comes in. Wedding planner’s have worked with many different vendors and spent time with them to know who they are on a more personal level. A benefit to you because when you invest in each of them to make your day beautiful, you can feel confident that they will deliver. Also, you have someone there to dot all of the i’s and cross all of the t’s, because your planner knows how to communicate effectively to ensure that what you think you are getting is what you are actually getting. Not leaving anything up to assumptions. However, you are not the only one who benefits from hiring a wedding planner, your vendors also benefit. I have asked some of my vendors to tell me in their own words, why they think you should hire a planner and this is what they said.

Brittany Callahan from the Marriott Tampa Airport said, “In my experience, brides with planners tend to be less stressed on the day of the event. As a venue, planners are much respected as the advocate for the bride. Working with someone who is experienced and has industry knowledge, can only promote the bride’s best interest.

Becky Johnson with Becky Johnson Studios commented, “People frequently look to me to guide them on what comes next, which I have to kindly tell them, there are so many different ways that people do things anymore, it’s hard to tell, I am not one for being brushed up on the proper wedding etiquette – a planner can guide the bride and groom better than I could. I like to be able to do my job as I was hired and not have to think about how the couple should handle their wedding day schedules and timelines,

Nomeda Baronas from Cakes by Nomeda said that, “for me, the cake maker, working with a planner means working with a happy, well organized Bride. It takes an enormous amount of hours to plan a beautiful wedding. Having someone to take care of all the details is greatly appreciated not only by the Bride and Groom but also by vendors like me. There are no miscommunications or misunderstandings from the very first appointment to the final delivery.”

Rebbeca Zoumberos with Limelight Photography said, “I encourage all of our clients to hire a professional wedding planner. This takes so much stress off of them on the wedding day. When my client relaxes I get better images!”

As a photographer, I love working with planners during the orchestration before and during the wedding. It takes the stress and worries from the Bride and allows them to totally enjoy one of the happiest days of their life and know that the details will be taken care of. They also help me to ensure that every detail and moment is captured and makes the portrait process go by quickly so everyone can enjoy the party! I highly recommend Brides working with a planner,” Carrie Wildes with Carrie Wildes Photography said.

In case you are having any doubts as to why you should hire a planner think about what these industry professionals said because you only have one chance to make your day extraordinary and hiring a wedding planner can better your chances!

No comments: